HE.BREWS Coffee : A Prestige Coffee Corner in Simplicity

Hello, again fellas! 
It's been such a long time since the last time i wrote to you. Pardon me, entering new term in college is so hard that i even have no time at all to look up to my writings. Now, i have a little spare time so yeah....let's get down to writings again!
This time i am writing about a very comfortable and modern cafe in Jakarta, Indonesia. Well, these times are times when people are competing each other on innovating cafe and restaurants, by classic design, palatable foods, and attractive menus. Now you can find comfortable and cozy place to hang out or to spend your time, that complies facilities such as wifi, spot to shoot a photo, or just to relax. They are everywhere! And it's getting hard for me to pick a cafe from another, well...i think that's the point, the owners all focus on consumer-oriented, how to attract people to come to their place instead of other place.
But, now...you won't be reading about marketing scheme they set to attract people, it will be totally boring. Instead, i am about to give you review.
So, last month i arranged time to meet up with my old friends that live in Jakarta too. We somehow picked HE.BREWS, a cafe specialized in coffee that located in Pantai Indah Kapuk. As you can see, Pantai Indah Kapuk is now enriched by unique and modern cafes, and you will never see those far from people coming. 
At first glance, i thought HE.BREWS was likely to be dine-in cafe, where you just order your coffee and you leave. Why i think like that? Because the cafe is so small - narrow, they just have bunch of chairs and tables, and they share not-so-big-space with a fashion boutique. I didn't think it would be comfortable for me to sit down relaxing my coffee as like many people's reason why they come to cafe. I thought i would prefer a bigger space of cafe with many chairs and tables apart from each others, where you don't have to compete with other comers to get a table, so you can relax on your own table doing anything you want. I am a little bit traumatic from the last time i went to Starbucks and i got a very strategic spot, facilitated with charging spots, tables to write or to put laptop on, and a cozy couch. Many comers glanced sarcastically to me, implicitly telling me to go. 
So, because my friends and i so tired on our way to PIK, we decided to stay in and get some orders. As a i looked at the menu, i was actually surprised to see all menus are coffees. I don't actually like coffee, but i can handle it. HE.BREWS's specialization is coffee, so mostly the drinks menu is coffee. There are two groups of coffee, black and white. Black Coffee is likely to be espresso or long black, and instead White Coffee is likely to be affogato, mocha, or cappuccino. Not just coffee, they serve beers, teas, and organic teas that they mix as their specials. 
When i was about to order drinks, i unexpectedly look at the bars where cakes and pastries were lining up seductively. I am a person that so easily get seduced by desserts, so i chose mineral water instead and went to the bars to pick a cake. 
There are Lychee Watermelon Cake, Snickers Mud Cake, Dark Chocolate Cheesecake, and many other delicacies. But after a long time arguing with my self what to choose, i chose Banana Nutella Cake (i forget the actual name they give to this cake). 
And when my tongue tasted the first bite....i don't know how to describe it. Maybe the MOST DELICIOUS CAKE I HAVE EVER TRIED! It really soothed me, the sweetness of the nutella blended with soft and moist bananas, the texture was so creamy, and i really wanted more and more. 
If my stomach could more space, i think i would probably take another variants of cake and eat it all up. I wish i could pick them all up and try it one by one. Just by hearing the name and staring at it, already made me tempted. 
In my food point of view, i gave HE.BREWS 4.5 out of 5 for they delicacies. I haven't actually tried the drinks, because my cake was already sweet and i didn't feel like taking up coffees, so i chose mineral water instead.
As i said, i thought i wouldn't be comfortable staying long in this narrow cafe. But it turned out, i spent like two hours chattering with my friends. Conclusion : the place is so cozy! Unexpectedly, there were many people who came to HE.BREWS to do assignments, meetings with clients, or writings like bloggers do. (PS : one of my friends that came to HE.BREWS with me is a beauty-blogger and when we went to HE.BREWS we met with her friend that is also a beauty-blogger, she was even working on her new blog post there). So, even the spot is not so big, HE.BREWS is such a cozy and super-nice place to spend and relaxing. As a bonus, you can also take some good photos there. The place is so photogenic!
For the price, ranging from 25-60k for drinks and up from 50k for cakes. The taste and sense make it really worth. 
Here are some check-ups : (out of 5)
Cakes     (4.5)
Coffee    (Based on my friend's, 4.0)
Drinks    (I haven't tried it yet)
Wifi        (checked!)
Coziness (4.0)
Photogenically (4.3)
I will surely come to this place again and again to try out their cakes. And also, i recommend you to try this first among other cafes in PIK. HE.BREWS is definitely a place you should put on your place-to-visit list. 
If you want to get more reviews, you can go for it on Zomato, here is the link : 
Or you can check their instagram on : 





(photo is taken by : Maria Istella)




No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com