How I Got Into Sakura Science Program!





When I was a kid, I used to read Japanese manga. I really loved it, especially Miko, maybe most of you aware of this manga telling about a miserable yet joyful life of a reckless young teenage japan girl called Miko. Believe me, because of those days of reading manga all the time, I even tried to drew manga my self. You know how it looked like? It was more like a hay man. So, later I learned that it was not my thing, and I decided to stop trying doodling manga like a fool. But, it somehow dragged me to think how wonderful Japan is. In addition to that, the junior and senior high school I went to had this Japanese language course which enforce me to study Japanese characters, cultures, and basic language. Later I learned all of that is so beautiful. It was held by my heart that someday I would go to Japan and enjoy all of Sakura’s amazing magnificence.
But as a I grew up, the image of Japan and the hope of stepping my foot on maple leaves in autumn slowly scattered. Well, I became reasonable actually, since there were still a lot of things I should prioritized more.
It suddenly came to my life that I might stand a chance. On the second quarter of my college, there was this student-exchange offer from my faculty. My faculty is engineering science, and they somehow cooperate with an institution that accommodates and enhances eligible and potential student among Asia to visit and study in Japan, in order of student exchange. This institution called Sakura Science Program.
            Before I proceed, let me tell you briefly about this Sakura Science Program.
            So, in my acknowledgement, japan scientists gathered up to create an institution called JSIT and CFAI, they generate a student exchange program called Japan – Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science, or more known as Sakura Science Program. This program is basically different from other student exchange, or from the meaning of student exchange itself, where as far as you might know student exchange is where two countries exchanging students in order to learn about science or cultures, etc. Sakura Science Program enhances and giving chances to students in Asia, like Thailand, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Korean, Indonesia, etc, so they can come to Japan fully accommodated in order to learn about Japan’s technologies, sciences, innovation, development, and cultures so they can utilize it as a contribution to develop their regional countries when they get back there.
            Pretty amazing, huh?
            The course of this program ranges, and the offer that came was an exchange to Tohoku University in Sendai, Japan for 8 days. All backed up and accommodated.
            I am the type of person who dislikes ambitious competition like this, I’d rather not trying instead competing with my other people. I just despise the feeling, really. When I first heard the news, I said to my friend that I was not interested even they advised me to give it a try. Until finally, my lecturer elaborated the prerequisites before joining this program including GPA minimal at 3.00, organization experience, and TOEFL score minimal at 500. It all fitted in me. Well, I must say that I was a little bit intrigued. To be frank, who were not? You would get a full accommodation included money, tickets, hotel, and transportation. Not just that, you could enjoy Japan – one of the most developed and powerful country in the world, all free! 
Other than above prerequisites, we also had to write a full and original essay about Japan and why you should be chosen in this program, or you can call it cover letter. This two were a determining factor on whether you get in or not.
I did not realize how it happened but what I remember was that I straightly wrote on an essay, for which this had to be completed if you wanted to join. I was writing about Japan and its technologies in science and their innovation, and also cultures. Of course, before I wrote I did my research. A brief research, actually. However, I wrote it truly from my heart, since i
I did not put an enormous hope, I thought it might necessary for me if I ever learned how it feels like to be joining competition or anything like this. Moreover, there were a lot of my friends that were joining this competition to, and speaking frankly, it did not bluff me at all, since I was not ambitious on this.
            The next thing happened was I submitted it.
            Days by days passed, turned into weeks. I even forgot that I had submitted my portfolio for this student exchange program. Until finally one night I was in my grand mother’s room and I realized I left my phone in my room. When I took it, a lot of messages bumping in. I opened them one by one, and my eyes glanced at those messages from my friends saying I got accepted in Sakura Science Program and they were all congratulating me. I still remember how my heart skipped a beat as I felt a glimpse of happiness running all over my body.
            So, the dream of enjoying Japan that I had been having for like years since I was a kid, was finally coming true.
            



P.S : If you are interested in joining this program, you should kindly check this out = http://ssp.jst.go.jp/EN/


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com